ADDICTIONS / ANGER ISSUES / ANXIETY / DEPRESSION /STRESS / TRAUMA
- The therapy model is psychodynamic in nature (we perceive our thoughts, feelings and behaviours through the lens of the past).
- The first phase is the assessment phase. Identifying beliefs systems (predominately from your past) that are causing you problems in the your life now. This involves completing questionnaires, reading psychology material between sessions (which helps the time in therapy go faster)
- There are also exercises to practice at home.
- The second phase is the repair phase - we identify the "blocks" and work on changing these.
- I will give you a map or structure of each step of the therapy. This is just a guideline as no two clients need exactly the same, but it does offer the client a framework to refer to between sessions.
The therapy is an amalgamation of several different therapeutic models (which you can read up on if you wish). I've taken the best of each in the hope that there will be something for everyone. The idea is that you can take away the learning and apply it long term to whatever psychological issue you may face in the future. The tools are lifelong.
So, for those of you who are interested, the therapy is an amalgamation of the following modalities:
Person centred counselling / Parts Psychology / Gestalt Therapy / Schema Therapy / CBT / Transactional Analysis / Mindfulness / Meditation / Hypnotherapy / Art Therapy / Solution Focused Therapy and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)Integrative Psychodynamic Therapeutic Counsellor CPD Transactional Analysis * CPD Mindfulness / Meditation * CPD CBT * Licensed Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) -CPD's - continued personal development in childhood trauma and addictions+ Enhanced DRB checkedPrevious experience school / college counsellor.